Friday, June 17, 2005

90 hours down

Hi folks, It's 2am ish & I am Joan's standby. My shift starts at 3 am, which will be our 90th hour of reading. It's now fairly quiet in our little corner of the world for the past week. I will never be able to be in this room again without a very broad smile erupting on my face. Happy images of jigsaw puzzles, ice cream freezers, and very pleasant meals will immediately fill my mind. I can now add 2 more hours to my8.5 hours of sleeping time logged. Hopefully, I will be able to sleep after my reading shift. Sorry for the disjointed thoughts, I'm at the end of my energy reserves.

5 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger KP said...

It is now 6:30 with approximately 6.5 hours to go!

We have just afew more little surprises in store today, I hope anyone who can get here today before we end will do so, it will be worth it.

Remember, it's CHIPOTLE DAY SPONSOR DAY!!!! They're bringing food for an army to celebrate the win!

Michelle is reading and Bryan is next up, trying hard to wake-up...well...not really, he's face down on the couch with drool running onto the carpet off of his chin.

He's got these funny little red socks on that are peeking from around the corner of the couch.

Mae said it best, this week has been like a long slumber party with your little brother hangin' out with you on his best behavior (at least most of the time).

More pictures coming soon.

Kristy

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on beating the record. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Way to go! Hope you have a lot more gigglefests before 1PM. :) - Lisa, a librarian, in Knoxville, TN

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous rebeccapaulhill said...

I miss you guys!!

I wish it was easier for Allison to be there for longer stretches of time without going completely insane like toddlers tend to do when being wrangled so so much...otherwise, we'd be on our way to stay until the end.

We'll let A-Dog, as Sean calls her, get a morning nap in, then we'll be by to hug and hoot and holler as you amazing people wrap up this incredible feat!

TGIF!!

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Kim from Michigan said...

I'm slightly confused.. the countdown clock says you have 2 hours left, but the reading chart shows you're all scheduled to read until 1:30 am this Saturday!

In any case, congratulations! You're o-so-close to finishing! Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger TexasDude said...

Modern Contemporary Wall Clock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home