Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Got to Finish a Book, and Marcie Didn't

Momentous things that have happened today:

1. We have been here (now several hours more than) 24 hours.
2. We have passed our 1/4 of the way mark.
3. I have broken out the hat a day early (but it's my favorite orange Life is Good hat)
4. I finished reading the third Harry Potter book! Not Marcie! (It's OK, we're still friends!)
5. Kathy Hug and Laura Jane Spina brought in the scrumptious chocolate thing that Marcie wanted me to be sure to mention. Marcie says she could easily devour the whole thing, and was standing around wielding a fork if anyone else tried to have some.
6. My throat did not hurt after reading today. Woot!
7. It is odd to be reading at the very beginning of a book at 1:30 a.m., try to get some sleep, miss the middle, and finish it at 11:56 a.m. the same day.
8. There are three things you can depend on: death, taxes, and the fact that we will still be reading and reading and reading...
9. Trying to think of an even 10 item list.
10. Marcie and I get to play Hermione in our respective libraries' Harry Potter parties, so I consider this entire week research. Which is a very Hermione-esqe thing to do.

I think I'll go take a nap, and I don't care who sees!

7 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

I wanna play Neville Longbottom during the Harry Potter Release part. He sounds cool!!!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Eliza said...

You just like saying Longbottom

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous RichardLee said...

Good luck to you and your staff. So they don’t get to shower until the event is over either?

Richard Lee
Executive Director
www.waukeganpl.org

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger rebeccapaulhill said...

Yay, Team!
Book Three down and just a couple (wink) more to go!

Sorry I missed your reading today, Joan, but Allison decided not to nap this morning and napped during lunch instead. Oy. I may catch the end of your next shift tonight though.

Start thinking of what goodies (whether it's dessert or a jigsaw puzzle) you'd like from the world of Muggles and I'll bring 'em tonight...

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you reading comments? Aren't you sick of reading yet?!?!
Keep it up!

Eric Price

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger KP said...

Hey! It's Richard Lee, the famous Librarian/cartoonist!

If you guys are really lucky, maybe Richard will create a cartoon to go with the PR we'll send into the various library journals!

It's good to hear from you Richard!

Kristy

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Vanessa said...

Bryan, I thought you said that you would never be a harry potter character for the party. Now look who's having second ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home