Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ice Cream from Heaven

By now, you may know that Mae and I are sharing a queen-sized air mattress. We also got the least amount of sleep, and so this afternoon, we were both there, before God and everybody, taking a snooze.

Next thing I knew, I was being awakened by a flurry of activity. Some nice lady in blue was taking our picture...I'm past the point of caring, my head was buried underneath my aforementioned orange baseball cap anyway...

Next thing I knew, I saw Mae dipping her head all the way into...

One of Those Ice Cream Bins That We Had in Elementary School! The indomitable Kristy Price had arranged for a surprise delivery from Good Humor-Breyers! The bin is FILLED with Push-ups, Chocolate and Sprinkle Covered Ice Cream Bars, Klondike Bars, Nutty Buddies...

Oh joy! Oh bliss! Oh Happy Day! Ice Cream in any form is my absolute FAVORITE food EVER!

There is plenty o' - so all HDPL staff is welcome to have some when you stop by to cheer us on!

*By the way, the mysterious nice lady in blue was from Good Humor-Breyers, so I care even less than she got the picture of potential embarrassment. I can be bought! This is my price!

11 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO! GO! GO! Cheers from North Las Vegas Library.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Sounds nice. Good luck! We all know you can do it!
Ashley Tufano

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Mae said...

It is amazing how a little cold sugar and cream can improve everyone's disposition.
Thank you Kristy. Let's read until the ice cream runs out!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how, but I think I managed to delete some entries off your calendar.

Sorry

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger caprice r said...

Free icecream?! I'm there! See you all tonight!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me toooooooooooo

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Love it! I call dibs on a push up!
What a great treat. See y'all later.
Dani @ UNLV

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Amy J said...

Oh Joan, please save some for me! You know how I feel about all foods junk...including popcorn and Sugar Daddies. Actually I wouldn't mind a non-food sugar daddy, but that's another post for another day! I'll come visit soon...probably tomorrow night! Keep it up!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeep! Free ice cream! Yeah...I'll probably be down there. Yessss.

:-)*courtney*

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mae said...

Dani, we are talking about ice cream not bras.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Vanessa said...

Free ice cream?!?!?!?!?! Oh man, I was busy all day. Darn! See you guys tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home