Thursday, June 16, 2005

While I Was Sleeping...

Last night was a night that approached normalcy for me. Straight to bed after my 10:30 p.m. - midnight shift, and I slept like the proverbial log until 5:30 a.m. Pitiful when I'm excited about a 5.5 hour sleep, but there you go. I didn't care how light it was...I would wake up, look around, turn over, and return to blissful sleep.

At 4:00 a.m., while Michelle was reading, we surpassed the 75% mark. Tomorrow morning this time, we'll only have a few hours left.

Yesterday there were TONS of people in. It was one long extended social hour. We got shushed several times! Loren Purcell also sketched all of us individually. Perhaps he should have sketched our pretty, pretty feet instead!

Either Marcie during her current shift, or me during my upcoming shift @ 7:30, will finish HP and the Order of the Phoenix. I will wait to post our next selection, but a big broad hint is that Bryan's pseudo-western accents will fit in quite nicely. Perhaps he'll do a fake British accent himself?

Oh, and let it not be forgotten that Caryl, The Room Mom, has given us all "The Little Engine That Could" pillowcases! I have already put mine on one of my pillows! Thanks Caryl!

8 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger rebeccapaulhill said...

Congrats, Joan, on your night of sleep! Yay!

What time exactly will you all be breaking the record today?

Your #1 Groupie (that would be Allison, of course ;-)) really wants to be there.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Craig said...

What will everyone do this weekend when this is over? Relax and READ a book?

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Mae said...

I plan to stand under a steaming hot shower for about 5 hours. I will then sleep in my own bed, with my head on my "Little Engine That Could" pillowcase & sleep for days. I will wake when I feel like it & pee whenever I feel like it without asking permission or being timed.
The entire time I will bask in the glory of our accomplishment & the assurance that I work with the best people in the world.
woo hoo

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Sody said...

Mae,
Your plan sounds good even for me, and I haven't done what you and your team has already accomplished. A Pre Congratulations on breaking the record today as I will not be able to check on your progress until my return from work. See you all later!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Kim in Michigan said...

Congratulations on your endeavors! It must feel terrific to have the end in sight. Just wanted to add that I love that you selected the Harry Potter books to read out loud.

We'll be cheering for you in Lansing, Michigan when you complete the 100 hours!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Mae said...

Thanks for the Michigan cheers, the world-wide support from our fellow librarians has been incredible.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

I dont think I can do a British accent but I'll try...

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got some sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home